May 9, 2008

Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar are expecting their 18th child. Yes, Duggar number 18 is due to arrive on New Year’s Day.

The Duggars live in Tontitown, Arkansas in a 7,000 square foot home where they home school their children and apparently a whole lot more.

I don’t know what’s more ludicrous, that they are newsworthy just because they have so many children, or that every one of their children’s names starts with the letter J, or because they say they will continue to have children as long as God wills it.


Blame God?


God gave us brains not only to fill the emptiness between our ears, but to also allow us to make smart decisions in our lives.

Yes, you can love 18 children; yes you can feed and clothe 18 children, but what happens to the little ones if heaven forbid something happened to Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar? There’s certainly not going to be many people able to take all 18 children into their homes.

I also believe children should have chores, jurisdictions as the Duggars call them, but there is a limit on what children should have to be responsible for, and I’m sure there are tons of chores for a household with soon to be 20 people.

What happens to the quality of parenting when you have 18 children? My 3 kids kept me going from morning to night with sports, appointments, or just having “kid dates” and often schedules would be conflicting and someone got left out.

I’m sure I will get a lot of flak for this post, but I’m also sure I am not the only one who feels it is a bit ridiculous for the Duggars to be expecting their 18th child.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Donate



Care to help a new, tired Grandma out with a cup of coffee?