Mar 31, 2008

I just heard on the news that a jury has determined that Anna Nicole Smith's son Daniel died of an accidental overdose. Now, why is it an accidental overdose when legal drugs are involved? Maybe we should all be required to list our prescriptions on a national data base, that way doctors and pharmacists can see at a glance every medication we are on and every refill.

It seems that a lot of people are dying of accidental overdoses involving legal drugs. Anna Nicole herself died of an accidental overdose involving legal drugs. I still question how accidental that was, though.

Heath Ledger also died of an accidental overdose involving painkillers, sleeping pills, anti-anxiety medication, and other prescription drugs. I read that there were two drugs found in his system that don't play nice with each other. Why didn't any of his doctors or pharmacists catch this?

Sean Levert just died and his brother Gerald Levert died of an accidental overdose involving prescription and over the counter medication in 2006.

I'm sure there are more, but my point is, how many deaths does it take before something is done? Or is it just a matter of the solution being bigger than the problem?


Post a Comment


Care to help a new, tired Grandma out with a cup of coffee?