Feb 18, 2013

English: Google+ wordmark
English: Google+ wordmark (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I love Google!  I use Google maps, Google mail, Google docs, Google+...  I'm just a huge Google fan.

But I was curious today looking over my blogs on blogger, and noticed that it said "noreply" before my name.

So the search went on to find out what the heck does noreply mean.

Apparently, if you are a noreply blogger, if someone wants to email you, they can't.  That's not good news for bloggers.

Further searching brought up 2 things.  If you are using a Blogger Profile, you need to edit your profile and click on the "show my email address" check box.

Great!  Except I'm using Google+ as my profile.

So, the 2nd thing I found was that you cannot do anything about the noreply if you're using Google+ as your profile.

There's one thing you can try, but I don't think it worked for me.  Oh, you won't know if you are a noreply blogger unless someone tells you.

Anyway, if you are using/connected to Google+, you can revert back to your old Blogger profile via your dashboard.  Once you revert back to Blogger, go to your profile and click that box that says "show my email address."

You can then go back to your Blogger Dashboard and revert back to Google+.

That's suppose to fix the problem, but like I said, I don't think it worked for me.

Is anyone else having the noreply flaw because you switched to the Google+ profile?  Are there any other fixes than to drop Google+ for good?  Let me know!

Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Donate



Care to help a new, tired Grandma out with a cup of coffee?